Monday, June 25, 2007

Heart on my Sleeve


Are you familiar with that expression?
"Wear your heart on your sleeve?" Openly expressing how one feels. I feel I do this more than other people, though it's tough. It's risky being vulnerable. And I think us new "bloggers" are still trying to decide how vulnerable we can be, or should be, on this thing.
So how am I doing?
Mediocre/Fair.
Transitioning.
Started a new job(though I didn't go in today). I don't think I'll ever be prepared to work a full five day week. Always working towards my weekends?
"Don't make me live for my friday nights"
- Twentysomething by Jamie Cullum

I feel I'm missing out on good stuff when I'm at work. And two day weekends are not long enough.
So this is partially sarcastic...but mostly true. Seriously.
Is it that I don't want to grow up? Is it that I need a better job? Perhaps I should go back to school so I can be with my peers? I don't enjoy the fact that I'm not in college group anymore. I don't like that I have to shave before i go to work. I don't appreciate the that it's summer...and I'm yet to go to the beach!
So how am I doing?
Discontent.

2 comments:

Melissa Brosch said...

Adulthood is a sham. Instead of the pressure to do well in school, its just pressure to pay the bills. People still make you do stuff....I vote childhood forever.

Caroline G said...

I agree. Im still lost with what to openly share on my blog knowing certain people look at it. But then i think to myself i should let people into my life but where do i draw the line. growing up is also tough but amazingly filled with great and challenging experiences.